CMS Fact Sheet: MACRA Flexibilities and Support for Small Practices
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services has released a fact sheet for small practices, many of which have expressed concern about the financial burden of MACRA as stated in the recently announced proposed rules.
Highlights, according to the American Association of Family Physicians, include:
– low-volume exclusions from the MIPS payment adjustment for clinicians or groups who have $10,000 or less in Medicare charges and 100 or fewer Medicare patients
– flexibility in MIPS scoring if there are not sufficient measures and activities applicable and available in a MIPS performance category
– group reporting that allows solo and small practices to join “virtual groups” and combine their MIPS reportin
– administrative burden reduction in that CMS would remove unneeded measures and reduce administrative burden but still provide meaningful rewards for high-quality health care
– simplified reporting made possible through a single reporting mechanism