St. Louis Society for Medical and Scientific Education
A Not-for-Profit Foundation Benefiting the Medical Community
Founded in 1966, the St. Louis Society for Medical and Scientific Education is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) foundation dedicated to supporting the continuing education of physicians and health education for the community. Over its 40-plus-year history, the Foundation has raised and contributed thousands of dollars toward charitable, scientific and educational purposes supporting the practice of medicine. It works closely with the St. Louis Metropolitan Medical Society and many other community organizations.
Contributions to SLSMSE are tax-deductible to the full extent allowed by law.
Programs Supported by the Foundation
Physician Continuing Education
- The annual Hippocrates Society lecture, funded by SLSMSE, each year brings to St. Louis a national speaker discussing issues of timely interest to the medical community. SLSMSE support makes it possible for this lecture to be provided annually to Medical Society members at no cost.
- Continuing medical education seminars on such topics as practice management, physician wellness and others are presented free of charge through SLSMSE.
Community Health Education
- SLSMSE helped finance the development of the MO-1-DMAT program in which physicians are trained to provide emergency on-site medical assistance in natural disasters and other major emergencies.
- It has helped fund a number of community programs relating to drug and tobacco use, gang tattoo removal, HIV/AIDS awareness and teen pregnancy prevention.
- SLSMSE supports community health education activities of the SLMMS Alliance.
- Scholarships funded by SLSMSE are presented to junior-high and high-school student winners of the medicine and health category of the Greater St. Louis Science Fair.
- SLSMSE has provided major financial support to the Missouri Physicians Health Program which coordinates assistance for physicians suffering from practice-threatening impairments.
Your contribution to SLSMSE enables the foundation to invest in valuable medical and health education activities for physicians and the community.
Please Support SLSMSE
Your contribution makes a difference!
Please send your tax-deductible contribution to the St. Louis Society for Medical and Scientific Education
680 Craig Rd., Ste. 308, St. Louis, MO 63141.