Join the Medical Society
Together we can and do make a difference
As the landscape of health care changes dramatically, physicians must make their voices heard. Your St. Louis Metropolitan Medical Society speaks up for physicians on legislative and regulatory issues and with third-party payers and others. Make sure your voice is represented … join the St. Louis Metropolitan Medical Society.
We also offer many benefits to support you as a practicing physician:
Continuing Medical Education covering such topics as electronic health records, practice management, physician wellness and more.
Patient Referrals through the online Find a Physician directory featuring SLMMS-member physicians. Listings are searchable by physician, specialty, hospital, location and languages spoken.
Community Service including the Greater St. Louis Bi-State Disaster Medical Assistance Team (MO-1 DMAT), the Missouri Physicians’ Health Program, and participates in community wide disaster and pandemic planning with the City and County Health Departments.
Patient Arbitration Process utilizing the Medical Society’s Peer Review committee to help resolve complaints against individual physicians locally as an alternative to the state board.
Publications including St. Louis Metropolitan Medicine published six times a year and offering timely news and features on pertinent issues affecting St. Louis-area physicians. SLMMS also publishes a monthly member e-update, and other e-news as necessary.
Member-Only Value-Added Benefits:
- Investments: Save on advisor fees through a special arrangement with Triad Financial Group.
- Medical Liability Insurance: Medical Society members save 10% on premiums with Keystone Mutual Insurance.
- Medical billing and revenue cycle management consultation: Integrity Healthcare Solutions.
- Health care staffing services: Favorite Healthcare Staffing.
- Outsourced accounting services: OMiga, Your Office Engine
- MedTech Community Investment Program: iSelect Fund
- Legal services and identity theft protection: LegalShield and IDShield.
- MedjetAssist: Special SLMMS rates are available to MedjetAssist which provides emergency consultation and evacuation service from anywhere in the world whenever you are more than 150 miles from home, in the event of injury or illness.
- Doctor’s Mortgage Program: Commerce Bank
- Health Insurance Consultation: Obtain health insurance coverage through special, personalized services available to SLMMS members through Missouri General Insurance.